AAII was created in the 1990s as part of the University of Santa Cruz do Sul. This office works in partnership with the Rectorâs Office and is responsible for creating cooperation agreements with foreign institutions. It also encourages lecturers, researchers and students to take a step forward in their academic life and participate in exchange programs in partner universities abroad, which gives them the chance to improve their cognitive knowledge and widen their cultural awareness. Moreover, AAII advises, coordinates and manages International and Inter-institutional Cooperation activities encouraging teaching and research through internationalization actions.
- Encouraging students, lecturers and staff at UNISC to exchange experiences with students and professionals from other Universities and Research Centers in Brazil and abroad;
- Fostering the internationalization process of UNISC through international study trips and participation in events and activities aimed at this same goal;
- Mediating the proposition and implementation of partnerships between UNISC and peer institutions;
- Contacting national and international fostering agencies in order to gather resources for teaching, research and extension activities;
- Advertising, together with the academic community, information about national and international academic programs and the possibility of having scholarships for such activities;
- Advertising to partner universities that the International Academic Mobility Program brings foreign students to UNISC for one or two semesters free from any academic expenses;
- Sponsoring students applying for international cooperation programs, as well as students and lecturers coming from other institutions, with relevant information about the activities they will be developing;
- Encouraging the development of workshops about the role of international and inter-institutional academic cooperation inside the university;
- Improving partnership with UNISCâs Language and Culture Center with the goal of encouraging the academic community to learn foreign languages.
Cristiana VerÃ´nica Mueller - firstname.lastname@example.org
Av. IndependÃªncia, 2293, Building 2, Room 206 A.
Santa Cruz do Sul- RS- Brazil
P.O boxes: 188 and 236
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, mornings from 8:00am to 12:00pm, afternoons from 1:00pm to 5:30pm and evenings from 18:30pm to 22:00pm.
Zip code: 96815-900
Phone number/Fax: +55-51-37177314